Teltonika have announced the launch of a new 5G router coming in Q4 2023.
The Teltonika RUTM50 at this time remains a mystery, but we ask the question, will the new RUTM50 5G router from Teltonika be a direct lower cost replacement for the existing RUTX50 or will it be an additional router in the Teltonika 5G router range?
Maybe, like Robustel, with their R5020 and 5020 Lite, Teltonika may introduce the RUTM50 as a compact version of their popular RUTX50 with a smaller size and fewer Ethernet ports. We hope this will be the case, because there are not that many compact 5G routers available. The smallest, industrial grade 5G router we have found is the Proroute H685 5G router which is way ahead of it’s competitors in terms of size and pricing.
With a growing number of 5G routers in the UK, Europe and Worldwide the cost of 5G modems is dropping which means that like 4G routers and mass adoption, 5G routers will quickly become lower in price and can be installed to provide high speed 4G and 5G Internet, with the knowledge that the device will be capable pf providing a long life of reliable and secure Internet connectivity for the most demanding of M2M remote management and monitoring applications.
Teltonika RMS is a remote monitoring application that lets you monitor all your Teltonika devices for a small monthly fee per device. So whether you are installing the low cost RUT200 4G router, its bigger brother the RUT901 or the daddy of 5G routers, the RUTX50 (and possibly its new offspring the RUTM50) you can rest easily in the knowledge that your Teltonika routers will continue to provide reliable connectivity that is easily managed and monitored using Teltonika RMS.
September 2023 – RUTM50 update
Teltonika have updated some information about the RUTM50 and it looks like this model will be FCC certified so will be for the USA and Canada market. If you read the Quick start guide from Teltonika for the RUTM50 5G router, it relates alot to FCC certification.
So this answers the question about Teltonika 5G routers for the UK and Europe, it will be just the RUTX50 router and TRB500 modem for the foreseeable future.
Here is the information from the RUTM50 QSG (Quick Start Guide)
RUTM50 router must be used in compliance with any and all applicable national and international laws and with any special restrictions regulating the utilization of the communication module in prescribed applications and environments.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference;
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
L’émetteur/récepteur exempt de licence contenu dans le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
- L’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage;
- L’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, mźme si le brouillage est.
This device meets the official requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy set by authorized agencies. The device must be used with a minimum separation of 20 cm from a person’s body to ensure compliance with RF exposure guidelines. Failure to observe these instructions could result in your RF exposure exceeding the applicable limits.
External antennas used with RUTM50 must be installed to provide a distance of at least 20 cm from any people and must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Any external antenna gain must meet RF exposure and maximum radiated output power limits of the applicable rule section.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This device complies with the relevant FCC RF radiation exposure limit set forth for an uncontrolled environment. The antenna(s) used for this transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter and must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons.
ISED Canada Statements:
This equipment complies with IC RSS‐102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d’exposition aux radiations IC CNR‐102 établies pour un environnement non contrôlé. Cet équipement doit être installé et utilisé avec une distance minimale de 20 cm entre le radiateur et votre corps.
This radio transmitter IC: 26511-RUTM50 has been approved by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada to operate with the antenna types listed below, with the maximum permissible gain indicated. Antenna types not included in this list that have a gain greater than the maximum gain indicated for any type listed are strictly prohibited for use with this device.
|Antenna type||Maximum antenna gain (dBi)||Impedance (ohm)|
Le présent émetteur radio IC: 26511-RUTM50 a été approuvé par Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada pour fonctionner avec les types d’antenne énumérés ci‑dessous et ayant un gain admissible maximal. Les types d’antenne non inclus dans cette liste, et dont le gain est supérieur au gain maximal indiqué pour tout type figurant sur la liste, sont strictement interdits pour l’exploitation de l’émetteur.
|Type d’antenne||Gain d’antenne maxima (dBi)||Impédance (ohm)|
1. The device for operation in the band 5150–5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
2. For devices with detachable antenna(s), the maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the bands 5250-5350 MHz and 5470-5725 MHz shall be such that the equipment still complies with the e.i.r.p. limit.
3. For devices with detachable antenna(s), the maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the band 5725-5850 MHz shall be such that the equipment still complies with the e.i.r.p. limits as appropriate.
1. Les dispositifs fonctionnant dans la bande de 5 150 à 5 250 MHz sont réservés uniquement pour une utilisation à l’intérieur afin de réduire les risques de brouillage préjudiciable aux systèmes de satellites mobiles utilisant les mêmes canaux.
2. Pour les dispositifs munis d’antennes amovibles, le gain maximal d’antenne permis pour les dispositifs utilisant les bandes de 5 250 à 5 350 MHz et de 5 470 à 5 725 MHz doit être conforme à la limite de la p.i.r.e.
3. Pour les dispositifs munis d’antennes amovibles, le gain maximal d’antenne permis (pour les dispositifs utilisant la bande de 5 725 à 5 850 MHz) doit être conforme à la limite de la p.i.r.e. spécifiée.
- Operating temperature: -40° to +75° Celsius
- Humidity should be in the range of 10% to 90% (non-condensing). Only use the device in dry environments.
- Out of direct sunlight
- Away from heat source, corrosive substances, salts, and flammable gases
Attention: operation outside the permissible range can considerably shorten the service life of the device.
Faulty and damaged products
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device or its accessories.
- Only qualified personnel must service or repair the device or its accessories.
- If your device or its accessories have been submerged in water punctured or subjected to a severe fall, do not use until they have been checked at an authorized service center.
- Only use approved accessories.
- Do not connect with incompatible products or accessories.
- It is recommended to ground devices with grounding terminals before connecting them to power. Failure to ground appropriately might result in a shock hazard. The cross-sectional area of the protective grounding conductor should be at least 1mm2.
- You alone are responsible for how you use your device and any consequences related to its use.
- Use of your device is subject to safety measures designed to protect users and their environment.
- Always treat your device and its accessories with care and keep it in a clean and dust-free place.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to open flames, lit tobacco products, liquid, moisture, or high humidity.
- Do not drop, throw or try to bend your device or its accessories.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or aerosols to clean the device or its accessories.
- Do not paint your device or its accessories.
- Do not attempt to disassemble your device (exemptions for devices that require disassembly for SIM insertion) or its accessories: it does not contain any user-serviceable parts. For safety reasons, the equipment should be opened only by qualified personnel.
- Make sure to use ESD personal protective equipment while the equipment is serviced.
- Do not use your device in an enclosed environment where heat dissipation is poor.
- Prolonged use in such space may cause excessive heat and raise ambient temperature, which will lead to the automatic shutdown of your device or the disconnection of the mobile network connection for your safety. To use your device again after such a shutdown, cool it in a well-ventilated place before turning it on.
- Please check all national laws and local regulations for the disposal of electronic products.
- Do not operate the device where ventilation is restricted.
- Do not use or install this product near water to avoid fire or shock hazards.
- Avoid exposing the equipment to rain or damp areas.
- Arrange power and Ethernet cables so that they are not likely to be stepped on or have items placed on them.
- Ensure that the voltage and the rated current of the power source match the device’s requirements. Do not connect the device to an inappropriate power source.
- During a thunderstorm, no operations should be carried out on the device and cables.
- The unit must be powered off where blasting is in progress and explosive atmospheres are present or near medical life support equipment.
- Do not leave your device and its accessories within reach of small children or allow them to play with it. They could hurt themselves or others and could accidentally damage the device. Your device contains small parts with sharp edges that may cause an injury choking hazard.
- Like any wireless device, this device operates using radio signals, which cannot guarantee connection in all conditions. Therefore, you must never rely solely on any wireless device for emergency communications or otherwise use the device in situations where the interruption of data connectivity could lead to death, personal injury, property damage, data, or other loss.
- The device may become warm during regular use.