With the increasing demand for high-speed internet, 5G technology has become a popular choice for many households and businesses. While there are several options for setting up a 5G network, two of the most common are using an indoor 5G router with an external antenna or an outdoor 5G router. In this article, we will discuss why an outdoor 5G router is a better option compared to using an indoor router with an external antenna.
Outdoor 5G Router for Improved Signal Strength
The most significant advantage of an outdoor 5G router is its ability to provide a stronger signal compared to an indoor router with an external antenna. When you use an outdoor router, it is placed outside your home or office, which eliminates the need for the signal to pass through walls or other obstructions. This results in a more direct and stronger signal, which can provide faster and more reliable internet connectivity.
On the other hand, an indoor router with an external antenna still has to deal with signal loss due to obstacles inside the building. Even with an external antenna, the signal has to pass through walls and other objects before reaching your devices, which can result in a weaker and less reliable connection. Many 5G antennas recommend keeping the antenna cables as short as possible with most recommending 5m, which also means the location of your indoor router is restricted. Extension cables for your outdoor 5G antenna will increase the signal loss and degrade the performance.
Another advantage of using an outdoor 5G router is that it experiences less interference compared to an indoor router with an external antenna. When you use an indoor router, it is surrounded by other electronic devices, such as Wi-Fi routers, Bluetooth devices, and cordless phones, which can cause interference and reduce the quality of your internet connection.
On the other hand, an outdoor router is placed away from these electronic devices, reducing the chances of interference and ensuring a more stable and reliable internet connection. This is especially beneficial for those who rely on their internet connection for work or entertainment.
An outdoor 5G router can also provide better coverage compared to an indoor router with an external antenna. When placed outside, the outdoor router can provide a stronger signal over a larger area, covering more of your home or office. This means that you can enjoy high-speed internet connectivity in areas where the signal might be weak when using an indoor router with an external antenna.
This is particularly beneficial for larger homes or offices, where the signal from an indoor router might not be strong enough to reach all areas. With an outdoor router, you can ensure that every corner of your home or office has a strong and reliable internet connection.
Outdoor 5G routers are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, making them more durable compared to indoor routers with external antennas. Outdoor routers are built to withstand extreme temperatures, rain, and other environmental factors, ensuring that your internet connection remains stable even in adverse weather conditions.
Which Outdoor 5G Router should I Buy?
A great choice for an outdoor router is the Four-Faith FNB600 5G Router. This provides a great value unit, fully waterproof and with dual SIM lets you install a second SIM card for backup. It is easily installed and connects to the WAN port of your home or office router or firewall and delivers reliable 5G mobile broadband.
Four-Faith FNB600 Outdoor 5G Router
Four-Faith 5G ODU FNB600
● Four-Faith 5G ODU FNB600 is a 5G outdoor unit /ODU. It supports 5G NR (SA&NSA), TDD-LTE, and FDD-LTE, and it can convert cellular networks to Ethernet.
● Equipped with a high-speed 2.5G LAN port, PoE power supply, ABS+metal shell, IP68 waterproof and dust-proof, the FNB600 can keep its stable operation even in outdoor harsh environments that always suffer rain and dust erosion.
High gain antenna, and strong signal acquisition
● The FNB600 has multiple built-in antennas to better penetrate and acquire signals, and it can convert 5G signals to Ethernet networks in a more efficient and timely way.
IP68 waterproof & dust-proof, and well heat dissipation metal base
● The FNB600 5G ODU adopts a unique design to improve its heat dissipation efficiency and to ensure high-speed and stable operation for 24 hours x 7 days.
● With an IP68 waterproof and dustproof protection level, the FNB600 can keep its stable operation even in harsh outdoor environments that suffer rain and dust erosion.
High-speed 5G network
● Thanks to the customized high-gain antenna and the leading chip solution, the FNB600’s real test network speed can easily break 500Mbps, and the speed can reach 900Mbps in the private network and laboratory environment.
● The FNB600 5G ODU supports 5G, SA/NSA, Sub6G, mmWave, and LTE networks. The wide network compatibility of the FNB600 enhances the adaptability of network coverage in different regions and the stability of network connections.
PoE power supply makes it more convenient for routine operation and maintenance
● With a 2.5G ethernet port, the FNB600 ODU supports the PoE power supply, which makes it more convenient for routine operation and maintenance
User-friendly operation interface
● Based on years of experience in industrial routing research and development, Four-Faith’s F-F OS router operating system was developed to meet users’ multiple demands. It has not only a simple and easy-to-use user interface but also contains several patent-level self-maintenance mechanisms and security daemon processes, to ensure that the system provides 7×24h stable operation ability.
● At the same time, the system has a strong expansion capacity, providing VPN, children online protection, QoS, TR069 management platform access, frequency lock, network lock, and other functions, to meet the various needs of users at the C and B ends.
Highly cost-effective, Far exceeding the industry peers
● The FNB600 Outdoor 5G Router has two standard SIM card slots that can support two different operators at the same time, and ensure that the equipment will not stop its operation suddenly due to network package exhaustion or operator network failure.
● The FNB600 provides a standard DC power supply port when it is inconvenient to use PoE power or the high cost of the PoE adapter so that the 5G ODU FNB600 can be deployed with DC power. A WIFI access point is quickly configured by installation and maintenance personnel.
Multi-scenario application, and improving the last kilometer broadband coverage
● Four-Faith’s FNB600 5G ODU achieves full coverage of 5G signal (home, enterprise, and industry), enabling all indoor devices to operate in the 5G high-speed wireless network environment, bringing convenience to users’ lives and work.
FNB600 Web Interface / Configuration Guide (Configure APN and change Ethernet Settings etc.)
FNB600 Outdoor 5G Router Specification
|5G NR NSA & SA：
Remarks: Different modules support different network standards
DL 4 × 4 MIMO: n1/n2/n3/n7/n25/n30/n38/n40/n41/n48/n66/n77/n78/n79
UL 2 × 2 MIMO: n41/n77/n78/n79
DL 4 × 4 MIMO: B1/B2/B3/B4/B7/B25/B30/B32/B38/B40/B41/B42/B43/B48/B66
|Theoretical Maximum Bandwidth
|5G Sub-6 SA：DL: 4.67 Gbps，UL: 1.25 Gbps
5G Sub-6 NSA：DL: 4.47 Gbps，UL: 730 Mbps
LTE：DL: 1.6 Gbps，UL: 211 Mbps
|1 x 2.5G Ethernet (RJ45), auto MDI/MDIX
|Power, Internet, WIFI, 5G/4G, Signal
|2 x Nano-SIM interface (1 Main & 1 Backup)
|Type C 2.0
|Through this button, the parameter configuration can be restored to the factory value
|2.4GHz (For Configuration Use Only)
|Standard Power Supply
|POE: 802.11af / DC: 12V 1.5A
|ABS Material Cover with Metal Base, IP68*（Device only, test without ethernet cable & power cable. Loose ethernet cables may affect waterproof capacity.）
|North of America Version
Bandwidth: 5G Sub-6: n2/5/7/12/14/25/30/41/48/66/71/77/78
LTE FDD: B2/4/5/7/12/13/14/17/25/26/29/30/66/71
LTE TDD: B41/48
Bandwidth: 5G Sub-6: n1/3/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/41/71/77/78/79 LTE FDD: B1/3/5/7/8/20/28/32/71 LTE TDD: B38/40/41/42/43